kind of — recently re-opened in St Leonards as a part of a new creative precinct headed up by Brand X and facilitated by development company Auswin TWT.
We helped arrange a new mural by Fintan Magee to be unveiled at the TWT Creative Precinct block party opening Thursday November 27th. We’ll be opening a new exhibition that night along side a range of different creative adventures. The night goes as follows:
To mark the official opening of the TWT Creative Precinct, the local and wider community is invited to the ‘TWT Creative Precinct Block Party’ on November 27 from 5:30pm-8:30pm – an event which will bring the once sleepy streets and laneways of St Leonards to life.
Following the official mural unveiling at 6.15pm, the eight creative businesses within the precinct will open their doors to the public, inviting them into the creative process of the artists who now reside in St Leonards. The event will feature entertainment, food, dancing and artistic activities for the community to come along and enjoy.
Activities taking place at the TWT Creative Precinct ‘Block Party’ on November 27 include:
– ‘No lights, No Lycra’: Brand X rehearsal space, 60 Atchison Street
– ‘Black and White’: works by contemporary artists, Platform72, 62 Atchison Street
– Live performances and karaoke: Bsidesound, 58 Atchison Street
– ‘Tubula Rose’ photography exhibition: The Photography Factory, 60 Atchison Street
– Textile demonstrations and live music: Cre8tiv Studios, 27 Atchison Street
– ‘Small is beautiful’: exhibition, ME art space, 25 Atchison Street
– ‘On the easel’: an exhibition of visual artists of the TWT Creative Precinct, T1 Café
– ‘The Streets Are Talking’: new works by Alan Streets, kind of – gallery, 58 Atchison Street
– Bicycle workshop, Cicli Spirito, 62 Atchison Street (rear entrance in Atchison Lane)
The streets of St Leonards will also come alive with live music from Lolo the Gypsy Caravan and performances by local creative businesses, Tanya Pearson Classical Coaching Academy and The Jazz Workshop Australia. Local restaurant, The Moody Chef will be providing delicious catering on the night.
It’s going to be great night and everyone is invited.
Just RSVP here: https://rsvp-blockparty.eventbrite.com.au/