CARBON is a “festival of contemporary style, design & culture” presented by Acclaim Magazine and NB574.COM happening in Melbourne at the end of the month.
With big names like Futura, Lister, Bobby Hundreds and SO many more, this is sure to be an amazing event packed with speakers, forums and even a live painting event by one of Graffiti’s most famous names, Futura. If you’re in Melbourne, go grab a ticket here.
More info here. A PDF with all the info, interviews and photos here. Purchase a ticket here. See below the flyer for dates and full details.
Australia’s first forum dedicated to street culture and design.
WHEN: Saturday April 30 and Sunday May 1, 2011
WHERE: Federation Square (forums and launch party)
with exhibitions and additional parties hosted at selected Melbourne CBD locations
LAUNCH: Friday April 29, Atrium @ Federation Square, 6PM.
18+ event for ticket holders and media only
COST: 1 day pass $120+bf / 2 day pass $195+bf
Available for purchase at www.weareallcarbon.com
• Futura: one of the world’s most renowned street and modern artists (NYC)
• Noah Callahan-Bever: editor in chief of Complex Magazine and complex.com (NYC)
• Bobby Hundreds: co-founder of one of America’s most successful independent clothing labels The Hundreds (LA)
• Greg Rivera: founder of highly successful streetwear label Mishka (NYC)
• Chooee Hwang: founder of Southeast Asian culture site and branding company Streething (Singapore)
• Matt Thomas: co-founder of the highly successful Highs and Lows sneaker boutiques (Perth, AUS)
• Frank Liew: owner and founder of internationally renowned boutiques Qubic and Quarters, blogger for hypebeast.com and influencer (Auckland, NZ)
• Anthony Lister: Australian street and fine artist based in Brooklyn NYC, Lister is one of this country’s most renowned contemporary artists (NYC)
• Tristan Ceddia: Senior graphic designer at Ksubi and founder of creative agency, Never Now, Ceddia also heads theblackmail.com and The Serps artist collective
• Beci Orpin: Artist, designer and founder of Beci Orpin stationary and homewares, founder of Princess Tina and Tiny Mammoth clothing (Melbourne, AUS)
• Alex Weiland: Managing Editor of ACCLAIM magazine, a Melbourne-based publication focused on style, culture, music, art and design (Melbourne, AUS)
• Matt Noffs: Co-founder and owner of Gideon shoes, a company which prides itself on being “anti-sweatshop”, choosing to keep the design, ownership and
manufacturing of their products on Australian soil (Sydney, AUS)
• Jimmy Bliggs: Designer and founder of leading Australian street and lifestyle brand, Grand Scheme (Melbourne, AUS)
• Brett Chan: Skater, artist, photographer and writer, Chan’s paintings and essays are a commentary on the human condition and our connection to the
environment around us (Sydney, Aus)
More speakers TBA
• ‘Longing to be Knotted Together’, an exhibition by French artist and illustrator extraordinaire, Mega;
• Sneaker Freaker’s annual Swap Meet of vintage clothes, shoes and bikes;
• A live painting installation presented by Ironlak, featuring the legendary Futura with Jasper Wong, Sofles plus more.