Once again the nice people at TWT and Brand X have decided to throw a block party for the creative precinct that we’re a part of.
To coincide with his solo show Chris Yee will be live painting a mural on the kind of — balcony.
Following the success of last year’s event which saw over 1000 locals celebrate the official opening of the precinct, join us for the another legendary evening of exploring, interacting, surprise and creativity – with music, live art, food, film and fun that will bring this once sleepy street in St Leonard’s to life as a hub of activity.
8 artist-run initiatives have taken up residence on Atchison Street transforming underutilised buildings into art galleries, creative retail and workspace for artists. On March 20, each venue will be offering their own taste of creative hospitality.
* The unveiling of JODEE KNOWLES’ new mural in Atchison Lane
* RETROSWEAT 80’s aerobic class @ Brand X
* ANITA DOOCHE & BETTY GRUMBLE performance @ our new underground DIVE BAR
* LANEWAY LEARNING workshops
* Preview of our new LANEWAY CINEMA
* SHARED BOUNDARIES exhibition by Sofia Lo Bianco
* LETTERPRESS demonstrations
* CAMERA OBSCURA @ contact sheet
* MURAL PAINTING & exhibition @ cre8tive studios
* THE BIKE WHISPERER @ Cicli Spirito
* WATER exhibition @ T1 Art Terminal and me artspace
* PANORAMA exhibition by CHRIS YEE @ kind of – gallery
* Live Loop da Loop @ BSIDESOUND
* Wishing Tree @ PLATFORM72
* LIVE MUSIC @ The Jazz Workshop
* FRENCH CUTS exhibition @ Caffe Nostra
And much much more…
An authentic BLOCK PARTY experience that showcases the creative talents which exist in our new precinct in the Lower North Shore – our new community.
A major new arts undertaking, the TWT Creative Precinct is an exciting, vibrant new initiative which involves the conversion of a number of commercial buildings on Atchison Street into art galleries, creative retail and space for artists. This opportunity has been made possible through our new relationship with Auswin TWT Developments.
We hope you can join us for this exciting cultural celebration, part of The Sydney Morning Herald Spectrum Now, presented by ANZ.